Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Saturday, February 20, 2016

New Block

This is the next block in the Red and Green block of the month.  It is called Lollypop......for obvious reasons I think.

It is not the first time I have used this block.  Quite a few years ago I used it in a 4 block quilt called Fruit Tingle.  The blocks in this quilt were 16".
Fruit Tingle
I used this quilt as a teaching project for a few years.  It was a good one to teach needle-turn applique.  The blocks, and therefore the shapes, are quite large, so new people can tackle the larger pieces, and get the general idea, before moving onto the more tricky shapes.

This Lollypop block is 8"finished, but you can increase the size when you print it, or photocopy it by increasing the ratio.  It is available now, and will be free of charge for one month.  If you look on the RHS of this page, you will see the photo and link.  Just click on the photo, and you *should* be able to print out the drawing.  If you have a problem, just email me.

I have had a really busy month with visits from my sister who lives in Newcastle, in NSW, plus my daughter is moving house next week.  The lead into the move has been really all consuming.  However, we did get a lunch day out when my sister was here.
Maz, Wendy, Di

We went to a fabulous place called the Bombay Bicycle Club.  this is an old pub, which has been converted into an Indian/English Raj themed venue.  If you click onto the link, you can see all the great images of the interior.  It is quite breathtaking.  They have palm trees growing in the dining room.

Natalie, Skylar, and Di at Glenelg
 Glenelg is one of our beach side suburbs, and we had a day out in the sun
Wendy and Di - Very bad selfie at Brighton
 
Edit.......
 I was asked about fabrics needed for the Red and Green quilt.     There are 12 blocks each needs to be cut 9"square....so you can cut 4 across the width of fabric, 1 metre/yard would be enough for the background. The rest is scrappy.....just use what you have. 

6 comments:

  1. Wendy !! que bueno disfrutar de la hermana,
    gracias por compartir
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the block. I'm looking forward to making it. Looks like you had a lot of fun, as well as a busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have been tempted by this beautiful block! Moving does tend to take over, even when it's not you! At least you had a bit of a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the new block. I've got it safely printed!! Sadly, the Clover & Spades pattern I ordered never did arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clover and Spades pattern has now been emailed to you seperately. It usually comes automatically, but for some reason it did not happen. should be ok now.

      Delete