Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pom Pom Tree Block of the Month

I am really on a roll here.  3 Days, and 3 new things to write about!


Finally, after much procrastinating, I have started to write the pattern for my Pom Pom Tree.  I made the quilt a few years back, and could not quite bring myself to writing the pattern.  One of the easy ways to do it is a block at a time, and that is what I have done.  I made it into a digital Block of the Month.  Block one is shown at the top.

There are 6 pages in the first month as there are some fabric requirements as well.  The blocks print out at 15" so you get 4 pages, that you have to stick together.  The are available as a digital download from the Legend and Lace website.  The cost is $4.95 per month.

The finished quilt size is 60" x 78" .



The original quilt I saw as a photo and loved it so much.  I depicted the trees accurately I think, but I zoomed up the sashing and border.  I saw it in one of my all time favourite books, Treasury of American Quilts.  By the way, the quilt on the cover of the book is also in the making, and has been for many years.  I have all the blocks made, and some of the border blocks, and the corners.  It has been resting for a while:-))



No comments:

Post a Comment