Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, February 24, 2013

one border to go

It is so hard to get a good photo of this quilt as it grows.  I guess this will be last one as I have one more border to go.
 

I have just one more skinny border to add, and then I can attach to final border.  So far it has taken me 2 months to make the top.

 I went through my scrap boxes again to find the fabrics.  They are totally random selections, and some are precious little bits I have been hanging on to for years.
 If I finish the top by the end of the coming week, then I will complete the entry into the Sydney quilt show in June.  Entries close on the 8th of March.  That gives me 3 months to get it finished.  I am pretty sure I could do it.  It will just be a case of all my spare sewing time being devoted to this project.   The weather is so unpleasantly hot at the present, does not feel nice to sit and sew.  I have the ceiling fans going, and trying to get a cross breeze with the doors and windows open.

3 comments:

  1. My goodness Wendy!! You have really done a wonderful job on this quilt, I'm loving it, and all those precious little pieces of old fabrics! I recognised two at least, and yes they are old indeed, I have only a few scraps of them left myself!!!!
    Good luck with getting your quilting done before the alloted time!! Good for you to put this lovely piece into the Sydney Quilt Show!!!
    I hope it does well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do that Wendy!
    It looks SO WONDERFUL already. This will be a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you can get it done, and what a beautiful entry it will be in the Sydney show. Wish I could see it in person!

    ReplyDelete