Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Amongst the comments this week was one from Cyndi  from Busy Thimble, about the quilt which is the background for my blog.  This is a little cot quilt I made from left over bits of fabrics about .....hmmm...3 or 4 years ago.
I saw one similar, but in large scale, in a book on scrap quilts.  My plan was to make lots more blocks, and kind of float them across the quilt in coloured rows.  Of course I ran out of enthusiasm, and finished it off as a cot quilt.  The borders are a brown polka dot, which I love, and a large pink print on brown print.  It was published ages ago in Australian Country Craft and Decorating Magazine.  The blocks are about 4".

When I was looking for something to put into the background of my blog, which was not too intrusive, I found the photo on my computer, cropped it, and it worked ok. I also used this image on my latest batch of business cards.

I have lots of little quilts like this, perhaps I can show you one from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment