Friday, December 23, 2011
Something interesting happened when I started sewing them together, I realised that the blocks had shrunk more in one direction, than in the other. We always expect some shrinkage with applique, but you would expect it to be uniform. I used my trusty steam iron, and they kind of went back to the original size.
I don;t thing there is any right way up with this quilt - it does seem to be a bit all over the place as far as direction goes. I will pretend that was the plan :-)
Now, I really want to start something new. I have this red/black/cream applique quilt in my head and it really needs to be started. I have been collecting black fabrics for a while, so no excuses.