Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Monday, November 28, 2011

Something New for 2012

Can you believe it is almost the end of the year - again!  I feel like I have only just started, and then it is over.  Gets faster as we get older, don't you think?

On Saturday I went to Melbourne to Australian Quilt Market, with Penny.  Met up with a few friends, old and new, including Sue and Brooke from Mallee Country Crafts, Jenny from Always Quilting, Sue from Patchwork with Busy Fingers, and Christine of Gecko Gully, who is the website designer for all of us.  One big happy family!

We did lots of looking, and few purchases.  It is great to see what other people are doing, and being a bit of gadget girl, I like to have a look at new things to make life easier.  As these new things start to arrive I will add them to the website.  However, there is one thing I can tell you about now - a new Block of the Month from Sue Daley.  It is all English Paper Pieced, and called This Goes with That.  Each month you get two new sets of papers and fabrics to make the little blocks.  They are all the shapes of hexagons, with internal parts that can be fussy cut.  You will also receive little "surprises" each month - might be thread, or needles or some extra thing you might like.


This is what the final quilt might look like, but it will depend on what fabrics you receive, and how you put them together.  This sample was made by Evy of the Quilters Palet, The Hague.

We will start in February, around the middle of the month, but you can register now and save your place.  Over the next few weeks I will be making my own blocks, and will add a few photos for you to see. So, keep an eye out for them.  I am still working on my Antique Sampler blocks, and trying to get them finished before I start.  I fell behind, when I needed to get a few other things completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment