Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Off to Retreat



On Friday I am off to a quilters retreat with the Southern Belles quilter's group.  There are around 25 people heading off to Mannum in the South Australian Riverland.  We get back later on Sunday, staying at the Mannum Motel/Country Club.  I am so looking forward to a bit or R & R, and some serious stitching time.  Today I started to organise what I am taking, sewing that is


I got the next 8 blocks of the Antique Sampler to work on.  These are all ready to sew together, then applique in place.

I would very much like to get the next block done from Sentimental Stitches, Beyond the Cherry Tree.  All the fabrics are chosen, just have to put them in place.  Does not look terribly interesting like this, but it will when all the bits are added.
Mustn't forget the red and white quilt!  I really thought this was all I would do on the weekend, but there are times when you don;t want to sit at the sewing machine anymore, and just need some quiet hand sewing or ......knitting!   Yes, I am a quilter, but I am knitter too, and love beautiful wools.

 I made these socks last week for a special friend.  No names, as they are a surprise, and she might read this.  Don;t you just love the colours!

I bought some more wool from Morris and Sons.  My granddaughter, Skylar, saw me knitting socks, and wanted to know if I was making some for her as well.  Yes, I guess I am, and the purple/orange/teal is for me.  Sock knitting is a bit addictive - a bit like quilting - and I will be taking some with me this weekend for the bus ride.  You can knit where you can not sew!  Another great site for wools is Yarnbow.  They are currently having a "Summer Sale" which is just fine for us in the Southern hemisphere, 'cause we are having winter and want to knit.  Great service from both these shops.

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time! I've never seen an applique pattern like the first project you showed. Is it from an Australian antique quilt? I really love the red blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful projects Wendy - enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete