Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Monday, May 23, 2011

Progress

Don't you just love it when something that you expect to take ages, is done in no time?  That is how my sewing room re-fit is happening.

this whole set of shelves is now empty, and moved to their new home

I have been making heaps of colours and putting them into the new boxes.  These fabrics came from boxes I had put aside for certain projects.  I still have the projects unfinished, but have stored them seperately.
 the top is now complete, with the sliding doors in place.  The doors will be painted, but I am moving in - can;t wait!
Trying to keep the colours together

this is where I left it today.  Gets a bit tiring after a while, but I love the look of it.  One set of drawers, and 2 book cases are empty.
Still have to tackle this corner, but in the words of Scarlet O'Hara, I will think about that tomorrow!  There is a new quilt I want to start, in assorted red and white.  I can;t start until this is all sorted.  That is my reward - a new project.


On a lighter side, I heard this squawking in my palm tree, and went out to find these parrots.  Don;t know what the variety is, but they were positively beautiful.  This time of year they come for the seeds in the trees.  When they flew away, there had been 4 of them hiding there.



1 comment:

  1. I love your new sewing area. I must get organized myself!

    ReplyDelete