Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Who needs a new project? Apparently I do.




These are the first blocks of the Block of the Month from Quiltstation.  It is the Maltaville Album Quilt.  There are 4 patterns issued each month, for 12 months.  Month two blocks have been released, but I am wee bit behind.    The original quilt is in the Smithsonian in Washington DC

These 4 blocks are not very complex and as we progress, they get a little more difficult.  It is so nice to be working in "colours" other than green, red and gold that I have used for the Beyond the Cherry Tree and the Circuit Rider's quilt.

Talking of Circuit Rider's quilt - this Block of the Month is ongoing.  We have just started block 13, and will go on to 24.  Anyone wanting to join in now can still do so.  It is on the Legend and Lace website.

I have been a bit busy lately trying to get my Pieces of the Past sampler quilt quilted for the Sydney Quilt show in June.  The hardest part was trying to decide what design to use - all settled now.  Lots of circles and straight lines.....

I have also been knitting. Autumn is in the air, and I just wanted to knit.  I hooked onto this fabulous knitting site Ravelry.   Lots of free patterns and pretty things to look at.  I am waiting on some wool to arrive so I can make this Tamaqua Vest .  I got the wool from Kraemer Yarns.  The colour I chose was Spice.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful, love your fabric choices for the moon! oh I am still trying to decide if I want to start another project!
    kathie

    ReplyDelete