Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Little Sister's Quilt

I have not worked on this quilt, not one stitch, since last August.  I fell into a bit of hole with it as the placement of the birds and flowers is not really centred.  I did not realise it until I added the corner blocks.  No matter how much I moved these blocks about I could not get it right.


I think it is really more obvious in this photo.  I should have put the bird under the end of the feather, not under the sun.  Anyway, it is out now, and I will plow on with the final border.  Perhaps when it is finished I might add something else into that gap.

Makes you wonder how the original quilt maker was able to get her's just right, with the tools she had then, and I can't get it right!  This is the original quilt in the Smithsonian museum.

So, should I say that I WILL have this quilt finished for the Adelaide quilt show in November this year?  I can give it a go.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure it is more obvious to you, but from the photo, this top looks flawless. Sorry, I sent a comment to you on previous post using my husband's email address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing. Just add another flower and/or stem, no one will notice. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my take on it too, Sharon. Get it done, then see what needs fixing. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot see anything to fix! Sorry, but it looks wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto...it looks wonderful to me! Exquisite, as a matter of fact. I know you will meet your goal and it will win a ribbon no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful quilt. I would probably leave it just as it is but since it bothers you, perhaps a reverse bird in "that space".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Yes, add a bird and you are good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my good Wendy. This is a Masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking for the pattern for this. My sister gave me a picture of it and I have been trying to find this for 10 years now to make it for her. Can you tell me where I could get the pattern. Jodi -gemini52277d3@aol.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. oohh what beautiful!! definitely my piece of cake

    ReplyDelete