Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Circuit Rider Quilt - 2011





I started the Circuit Rider BOM in February this year, and I expected it to go for 12 months.  I have been making the blocks along the way.  I had a request to continue into next year, and have decided to do so.  I have already made the next two blocks - 13 and 14.

Also during the time I have been teaching applique at Patchwork By the Sea, at Brighton, SA.  I took along my CR blocks to show off and the group wanted to know if it was a class.  I decided to make extra blocks not from the book, to offer as a class.  I made them with the same background and similar theme so that I can eventually add them into the quilt.
By the time I finish these few extra blocks for the class, plus the 10 I need for the BOM, I will have 30 bocks, which is a good size for me.  Anyone familiar with the original Circuit Riders quilt will know that a few of the blocks are repeated.  This way I do not get repeats.

You can join into this BOM any time by going to my website Legend and Lace, and registering.

3 comments: