Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Florentines

When I teach my classes at shops I take along home baked goodies, such as choc chip cookies,  muffins, cakes.  Last Saturday I took along Florentines.  They are just delicious and so easy to make.  I always get rave reviews.  They are not low fat, or low sugar, or in any way healthy, just enjoyable.
the recipe
3/4 cup of sultanas
2 cups Corn Flakes
3/4 cup unsalted chopped peanuts
1/2 cup red glace cherries
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
150g dark chocolate melted.
Mix together sultanas, nuts, cherries, corn flakes and condensed milk until well combined.


Make piles about a tablespoon on baking paper.  I do 9 on a tray.  the recipe makes 18.  Pop them into a moderate oven for about 10 minutes until nice and golden brown

Yum!  this is what they look like when they are done.  let them cool on the trays to go firm, for about an hour.

Turn them over and spread melted chocolate on the back.  I melt my chocolate in the micro wave for about 2 minutes, stirring 3 ot 4 times to check it does not burn


Let the chocolate set for a while

Then make wavey lines in the chocolate with a knife.  All done!  Put them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.

While I was waiting for them to cool I was watching "Food Safari" on SBS TV.  They had an orange almond cake that I want to try.  It has 6 eggs, and 2 whole oranges.  As I have my own hens I always have heaps of eggs.  Looks fabulous!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing the Florentines today Wendy, they were delish!
    Sheridan must have watched the same TV show as you because the cake she made had two boiled oranges in it, and that was very yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sheridan and I discussed the cake and TV show. It is the same. Now I need a good reason the make the cake.

    ReplyDelete