Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Monday, September 27, 2010

Beyond the Cherry Trees - Block 12

I have managed to keep up with all my committments this month, including the latest Cherry Tree Block.  It was a bit more difficult than some of the previous blocks.  So many little fingers, and ins and outs!  I got very good at those curves by the time I have finished the 20th (or what ever it was) oak leaf or flower.  So, we are just about half way done with the blocks.  I could stip now, and have something really nice to make into a quilt top, but can't wait to see what is to come!

 The first few bits on fabric placed on the front of the fabric - it looks nothing like the finished result.  Takes a while to get the idea of what is happening.  When I am teach applique th students take a while to catch on to what is happening.

The picture is all drawn on the back of the fabric.  I think you can see where some pieces are tacked in place.

3 comments:

  1. The blocks are coming along nicely. You picked some great greens. I love Big star daddy up at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block is beautiful. I have yet to start mine, but my goal is to get it done before the next one comes out. I guess I had better get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoying viewing your applique blocks.

    ReplyDelete