Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flying Fancy Quilt

I had an email from Jan Soules this week.  She was asking permission to enter a quilt that she had made from one of my patterns.  It was the Flying Fancy that was in Australian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine Vol 16 No. 3. 

This is Jan's version that she is entering into the Des Moines, Iowa show in October. She made it in French Fabrics.  Beautiful! She tells me she won a prize in the California State Fair last month.  I get a real kick out of seeing my patterns done by others.  Love to see how they are interpreted.


This is my orginal.  Done in Reproduction fabrics.  The quilt is based on a Blind Man's Fancy quilt in a booklet I saw about New York State Quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy thanks for posting my quilt. I collected the fabrics while living and visiting in France. It is called "Vence Remembered' as I lived in the hill town of Vence just off the French Riveria. We have similiar tastes, I am also making the Hawaii Sunset in similar fabrics to yours I am putting the body together now and then will start on the border sections. It's a lot of work but will make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastico quilt ,tienes unos trabajos preciosos seguire viendolos ,si pusieras " traductor de lengua de google " lo comprenderia mejor .

    ReplyDelete