Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sampler No 2 all finished

Samper no 2 is now all finished, and ready to be delivered to the shop.  It is a hand piecing workshop at Patchwork By Sea, Brighton in South Australia.  I am only presenting the top at this stage, as I want people to be able to see the back of it, where I have made the markings, and how I have worked the stitches.  Once the class is finished, I will make some more blocks, and turn it into a proper quilt.

3 comments:

  1. What a great Sampler quilt, Wendy! I have some of the red fabric that you used for the sashing, and was wondering how to use it, but now I know! Would love to take your class if I lived closer! Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have you join in as well, Dixie. I now have 8 blocks made into two quilts. Once the classes are over I will pull them apart, make another block, and turn them all into one large quilt. Wendy W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful!
    I think its a great idea to let people see the back of the blocks
    and oh yes I really would like to see it as a big quilt anyway!
    great blocks!!!!!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete