Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Monday, January 4, 2010

Mary Mannakee

Finally , I got back to my Mary Mannakee quilt and finished block number 6.  I checked my old blogs and realsied that it was 1st August that I posted on this last time, so it has been a LONG time since I worked on it.  Very bad!

My original plan had been just to use one or two reds, and similar shades of green, bright blue, and a gold.  It worked for the first blocks, then I could not help myself, with the scrappy bits I kept putting in this one.  This block actually had a lot of work in it.  I looks sort of "tossed" and free flowing, but with all the seperate leaves it was quite bitsy.  The other blocks, which are large pieces cut into shape, there is actually less work in my opinion.  After this I will make block 5 - I skipped that one as it looked hard.

If you click on the photo you get a very good close up of the fabrics.  One thing I noticed AFTER I chose this background (which I love) is that the pointy bits of the small print, makes your applique curves look not smooth.  Too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment