Welcome! This is the blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace Designs

Welcome to the Blog of Wendy Whellum and Legend and Lace

To find out more about Legend and Lace please visit the website http://www.legendandlace.com/



Quilt Gallery

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cherry Tree - Block 2

I have started to rotate my projects now that I have completed my class sample, so I think I might get caught up on the Cherry Tree.  There are 4 blocks published and I have now done 2 of them - half done.  Tomorrow night I promise I will get back to the Little Sisters.


I wanted to make the cherry tree blocks in scrappy red and green fabrics.  Whenever I see red and green fabrics I always buy them - if they are interesting of course, and just the shades I like.  I seemed to be scraping around looking for reds and greeens the last couple of days.  Can;t believe I don;t have enough.  Of course now, the turkey reds don;t seem to be out there when I want them.

Next block is yellow, so I think I will use a few different Cheddar fabrics. 

3 comments:

  1. great fabrics :)
    I see a few treasures in there!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block looks deceptively simple, I love what you have done with it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. The early blocks are simple - I think they are going to get more complex. Lulling we participants into a false sense of security? Have to keep going though. Have all the background material!

    ReplyDelete